10/12/2005

Sacred Space is a web site where I try to be during the first and last waking hours.
Sunday morning, these jesuit monks suggested that I review the day, gather in all the good, and "attend to the shadows". Good disciplines: grattitude and repentence. I was repeating that process as I drove home late Sunday night with my boys asleep in the van.

It had been a rich day, and grattitude was fun. I have so many great people in my life. "Attending to the shadows" was different. I had to change my route home and make an apology. Sometimes the shadows get mixed really close to the light.

I was enjoying making fun of my friends idea for a squirrell powered wooden car. I think he was enjoying it too, because he's cool like that. But it may have been a little "shadowy", because along with the joking, I didn't make it clear that I think he is one of the best people on the planet.

I have some really great people in my life. I'll be glad when my conversation habits always leave them knowing how great they are.

2 comments:

Q said...

Love reading your thoughts....love you! Glad your back

David Rudd said...

i think a squirrel powered wooden car is a great idea. i think you're a moron for not thinking so.